Sunday, March 29, 2009
After checking out, we went to hike Ensign Peak- The place where Brigham young said "This is the Place." I broke in my brand new shoes. Instead of using them for trail running, I used them for trail sliding. It was pretty slippery.
But don't worry. We made it to the top. Evan was even wearing sandals.
After hiking, we went back to the hotel to tour all the rooms and they were REALLY cool. I liked the treehouse room, the Romeo and Juliet room, and all the other ones. It is the funnest hotel! Then we went to my favorite plant store in Salt Lake and then checked out the Salt Lake Library.
After that, we headed off to Energy Solutions arena to watch the Suns play the Jazz. It was a great game to watch. The Suns were playing badly and losing by 21 points or something but they came back in the 3rd or 4th quarter and almost won the game. Unfortunately, they made a bad pass at the last second and the Jazz tied the score. Then it went into overtime and the Suns lost.
We had another Suns fan couple sitting next to us and it was fun to cheer with them.
Overall, it was a great weekend!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Dave and Amanda got married and I got to go to the wedding and both receptions. Here are some highlights from those weekends (not in any particular order):
- The wedding was really good. They got sealed in the Salt Lake Temple and it was a wonderful ceremony.
- After the wedding but before the lunch we walked around temple square and we said hi to Elder Scott! And we got a tour of the church office building. Plus, I got to see some tulips in bloom during the first week of March!
- The wedding lunch didn't have very good food, but Kristy and I (and Bruce) decorated Dave and Amanda's getaway car with post it notes and cans. We were supposed to be getting something out of the car for Dave. I can't believe he fell for it.
- Kristy went through the temple the day before the wedding so she got to go to the sealing too.
- The Utah reception was fun. I got to see all of my living grandparents and several aunts and uncles that I don't usually see.
- We went to the Draper Temple Open House
- My parents took us to Tucanos!!
- I got to fly home for the Portland reception. I brought home a 20" vase and it didn't break!
- It is way better to go to someone else's reception than to your own I think.
- I got to do the flowers at both receptions and they turned out great! To see some photos I posted on facebook, click here: Flowers
Other things that have been happening:
- I went to work as usual.
- I bought some new shoes that I have been waiting to buy since December. Here they are:
- I realize that my shoes are actually trail running shoes, but I went running today on some sidewalks in my new shoes.
- Evan and I saw Henry Poole Is Here for free at the international cinema. It was pretty good.
- We went to a Volleyball game with some of my old roommates and their dates.
- I love spring!!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
On Saturday, Evan and I went geocaching and found the T-shirt geocache. We thought it would be cool, but it was just full of nasty old shirts. We left one, but took nothing.
Friday afternoon I got off work early and my friend Lindsey and I went for a bike ride to Utah Lake. It was a beautiful day but by the end of the ride my knees were a little sore and my hands were freezing. We saw some cool stuff though like horses, cows, leaves, trees, water, gangsters, and a frozen lake.