Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hobbies

Lately I've been really interested in trying new recipes. I can't stop myself from scouring the Internet and cookbooks for interesting new foods. It is kinda addicting and also delicious. But I'm wondering how long it will last.

It seems that I am always developing a new hobby and as soon as I buy all the supplies to make a project, I've found a new hobby to occupy my time. Perhaps my real hobby is developing new hobbies? 


A few months ago I started refinishing some chairs I bought at a thrift store. I've spent hours sanding those things down but I got so bored of it that I don't want to do it anymore. But I've spent too much money and too long working on them to not finish them. So they sit unfinished in the basement along with two unfinished skirts, four unfinished paintings, one unfinished quilt, one unfinished granny square blanket, and a dress that will be too small for Daisy by the time I ever get around to it.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone want to come finish all my projects for me?

3 comments:

amanda said...

Haha! I totally do this too. Although it seems I just start too many things an get overwhelmed and do none of them, even if it's a new hobby or old. But right now I'm just working on finishing some things before I do new things. Maybe. Or at least get some gifts sent that have been on my list for months.

Lindsey k said...

I do this all the time! Rob makes fun of me! Ha ha. I've gone from sewing and needing a serger, to woodworking and needing power tools, to jewelry to crocheting etc. it is kind of a cycle that rotates on and on. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem!

Shirl and Bill said...

I know exactly what you are saying.
Guess we must all do this. I recently got re-interested (?) in finishing some crocheting. Went to the store to get some more crochet thread and could find none. I called the company and they said call Herschners". What!